My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Friday 31 August 2012

Zvezda's - Kit 6105 - German Infantry 1939 - 1942

Good day everyone!

Last night I finished painting some marching German soldiers, that I got from Zvezda's kit (#6105 - German Infantry 1939 - 1942). I think I got the right 'Field-Grey' colour for them, and no, I am not talking about Vallejo's VMC 70.830 German Field Grey, but Vallejo's Panzer Aces Paint #335 [German Tankcrew II (Feldgrau)], which is as Grey as the Germans should be in reality (I was reading a lot of comics as a youngster, and I always thought of Germans as dressed in a 'grey' uniform). :-)

Even though they are not very suitable for wargames purposes, I need them for some terrain pieces I want to make. The next tutorial will be about one of them, that I am about to finish (probably tomorrow or the day after).

So in the meantime, while I am preparing it, look at the photos of the figs, and stay tuned for the next tutorial. :-)






If you want to see more photos of the terrain pieces who stand in the back of the figures, you could see this post and this post as well.

I hope you like them.
T.

28 comments:

  1. To me it's the classic German colour, nice one Thanos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!
    Maybe I'd have adjusted the angle of one or another head a bit, so that they don't entirely look like clones :)
    But that's definitly a beautiful paintjob you delivered there Thanos! High level of skill! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mojo. All I can do is practice, practice and practice.

      Delete
  3. Superb figs and nice basing. The Art of Tactic series is very inviting but I had yet done some AFVs only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew. Zvezda does make some winderfullu sculpted figs.

      Delete
  4. They look great Thanos and will be nice eye candy as part of terrain pieces. Very much looking forward to the tutorial. Who knows, one day I may paint up a proper group of military figures and shock the entire blogoshpere!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have already shocked the blogosphere dear. Trust me! :-) your painting with you practicing on it is getting better and better! Day by day.thank you for your as always, kind words!

      Delete
  5. Nice work, Sir. The gray is spot on IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay!
      Germas are grey,
      British are brown,
      Americans are green
      and Russians are khaki! :-)

      Delete
  6. They look pretty perfect to me Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. They came out good enough. Nth more nth less. :-)

      Delete
  7. interesting name, Zvezda means "star" in Serbian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And in Russian as well Nate! Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  8. They do look very good, I agree, changes in the angle of the head would make them better, my only issue is the cost of Zvezda 1/72nd 4 fig packs, if I buy them of the shelf at my local hobby shop, they work out to be the same price as AB figs, and as nice as they are, I would much prefer ABs, but you have done a gret job on these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dan. I totally agree with you.. The thing is that I cannot make small orders for Ab figs. I have to get 3-4 packs per order in order to minimize the postage costs.

      Delete
  9. awsome work and cannot wait for the next tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Gowan. I just uploaded it! :-) enjoy!

      Delete
  10. Sweet looking painting Thanos. Really nice choice in colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an obsession with colour consistency. Especially when it has to do with Germans. I am very happy that you liked them Paul. Thank you!

      Delete
  11. Excellent work Thanos!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work and, at last, my quest for perfect fieldgrau is complete! By the way, do these models mix well with otjer 20mm models?

    ReplyDelete