My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Monday 4 June 2012

Italeri #6107 Pz III Ausf. J.

Good day folks!

A sunny Monday, made its appearance here in Athens. :-) Summer is finally approaching.
Last night I finally to finish the last models I bought some days ago (see related post), which were Italeri's Pz III Ausf J, 'snap-kit'.
(Histoy of Pz III - in wikipedia).
Based on the versions of these AFV's I decided to go with an early-war painting scheme. German Grey (VMC 70.995) was the answer for it. Different shades of grey were then used for highlighting them. The models came together very easily and their level of detail was more than adequate - in terms of wargaming.
One is equipped with an 5cm KwK 38 cannon and the other with 7.5cm KwK 40 cannon.
I used some spare decals I had, since this kit doesn't provide any (sth that needs to be addressed by Italeri, for us mere wargamers).

On with the photos:

I hope you like 'em!

T.

28 comments:

  1. Superb work Thanos, the grey and weathering really make it stand out!

    It's always sunny in Athens, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Paul!
      This last winter wasn't the best in terms of weather (and not only, with all these austerity measures)...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful tanks, Thanos! I like the way you paint the dirt. Seems to be realistic to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thx Rodger, I am very pleased with the result. :)

      Delete
  4. These look stunning mate! I love the weathering, how did you do it, airbrush or brush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Rich. Simple drybrush. :-) No money for an airbrush!
      1. VMC 70.983 Flat earth (heavy drybrush)
      2. VMC 70.988 Khaki (light drybrush)

      Delete
  5. Hm... I think the 75mm gun used on panzer III's were the short barelled one, not any of the long barrels seen here.

    Or maybe I'm remembering wrong. They look good anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The possible is that you are right and I am wrong Leif. I never had it with all these caliber variations. :-) Tack!

      Delete
  6. Now that is great painting and mud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what makes us men Fran....mud and dirt!
      Thank you! :-)

      Delete
  7. A great little pairing and I really love the weathering; superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A deadly pairing for Russian soldiers. Thank you Michael!

      Delete
  8. Excellent paintwork and you're doing all of us a great service in showing the kits from so many perspectives, so thanks for that.

    The 75mm gun indeed needs to be shortened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes you two guys. You are right! :-)
      It's the new camera that takes better pics mate, and make our lives easier.

      Delete
  9. Very nicely done - as others have commented, the weathering/mud/dust is very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't want to 'mud' them over the top. I hope I didn't. Thank you!

      Delete
  10. There's something charming in a plain old muddy grey panzer. Can't beat that Blitzkrieg feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) You are absolutely right. Raw metal and dirt.

      Delete
  11. I'm definitely a fan of fast build kits, and the Italeri ones in particular. These look really great and you've done a great job with the weathering: dusty but not over the top.

    Carry on building sir!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great paintjob! Did they already say that the weathering is brilliant? No? Well it is brilliant! ;-)

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking quick builds, well done.

    ReplyDelete