My photo
Being a modeller for quite a few years now, I decided to explore the endless possibilities that the world (through internet) offers, and come up with a series of ways of building, modelling and painting fast (but not hastily), to create the worlds I was seeing in history books since I was little. . .If you care to join me. . . This is the place to be! And, I promise you to find the way (or ways)!!

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Russian Artillery (Part 2)

Good day guys!

As you already know, most of you who visit my blog, I am trying to ''rationalize'' my armies in terms of elements that consist them (Artillery, Mortars, A/A guns, A/T guns etc...) with a way of restructuring (same thing we do here in Greece with our economy, not so successful I'm afraid...).

Yesterday's progress (from a total of 52 figures) was the application of the basic uniform colour and a first highlight on them with some drybrush with a lighter shade colour.

For my Russian (with great coats - that will be used for winter war scenarios), I used VMC 70.873 US Field Drab as the basic colour (great coats) and then I used some VMC 70.874 US Tan Earth for highlighting the folds of the coats (drybrush).

Below you will see the relevant photos (not so clear I'm afraid).



For the other bunch of Russians (with Telogreika and Ushankas) & (Gymnastiorka & Pilotka caps), I used VMC 70.879 Green Brown as the basic colour and for the highlight (drybrush) I used some VMC 70.988 Khaki.

Below you will see the relevant photos.




All in all, I managed to finish 6 figures last night (with great coats), but I didn't finish the bases, so you will have to wait for my next post to see them! :-) I apologize for that, but I want to show you some complete work before I send you my next W.I.P post (you will get fed up eventually if I carry on like this).

I hope this method of painting I use, may be a bit helpful to you and your projects.


Have a good day guys!!

T.


5 comments:

  1. Looking good; I have to admit I mind it difficult to have so many miniatures on the table at once. I suppose given the scale it makes more sense you don't perhaps waste paint etc. Great work Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked your painting full stop, great work Thanos....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far mate. Cheers for the colour codes mate Vallejo is my choice of paint as well.

    Cheers Rich.

    ReplyDelete